Lets shed some light into this student of Yahya bin Ma’in and the narrator of his famous book Ma’rifal Ar Rijaal
He is one of the students of Yahya bin ma’in and he has also narrated his book on science of Asma wa Rijaal known as Ma’rifat Al Rijaal, the reason one may need to write this post is to refute Kharjis Ghair Muqallids(non mazhabi) of Indo-pak. they dont accept this book as they claim the narrator is Majhool( – lol – ).
Narrator’s name: Hafiz Abul Abbas Ahmed bin Muhammed bin Qaasim bin Muhriz al Baghdadi r.a1
Grade in narration: SADOOQ / MAQBOOL(at least2).
Ibn Muriz has narrated narrations from many senior Muhadittheen like Yahya bin Ma’in, ahmad ibn Hanbal Ali bin al Madeeni, abu bakr ibn sheba, Muhammed ibn abdullah ibn numair, zuhair ibn harb etc. You can easily confirm these by checking these below references:
- Taarekh e Baghdad : vol5 : page 28
- Maarifatur Rijaal : vol1 : page 12
- Maarifatur Rijaal : vol2 : page 21
- Maarifatur Rijaal : vol2 : page22
- Maarifatur Rijaal : vol2 : page17
- Maarifatur Rijaal : vol2 : page238
Some of his students are:
1. Imam Abul Fazl Jafer bin Darastawai Rh
Imam Abul Fazl Jafer bin Darastawai r.a is a student of Imam Ali Ibn ul Madeeni r.a, Muhammed bin Aadam r.a, Yamaan bin Saeed r.a etc
Imam Haakim Rh Al Mutawaffa 405 Hij. called him Thiqa
Muhaddis Ibn ul A’deem Rh. Al Mutawaffa 660 Hij. states that he is a poet & Faqih.
Imam Khateeb al Baghdadi Rh. Al Mutawaffa 463 Hij. states that Jafer bin Darastawai Rh. is from Senior/Kibaar Fuqaaha,
- Tauzeehul Mushtabah Li Ibn Naasir uddin : Jild 4 : Safa 32
- Al Mohtazireen Li Ibn Abi Dunya : Raqm 335
- Bughyatut Talab : Jild 3 : Safa 1189
- Mustadrak al Haakim : Jild 2 : Safa 676, Hadees no 4236
- Taarekh e Baghdad : Jild 9 : Safa 435
2. Imam Zakariyya as-Saaji Rh. Al Mutawaffa 307 Hij. Famous Imam, Faqih and THIQA (Taqreeb : number 2029)
قال الساجي عن أحمد بن محمد هو بن محرز عن القعنبي رأيت شابا طويلا
Imam Saaji Rh. narrates from Ahmed bin Muhammed and he is Ibn Muhriz Rh.[END] It’s a clear proof that Imam saaji is a student of Ibn Muhriz Rh.
(Tehzeeb ut Tehzeeb : vol11 : page 243)
3. Abubakr Ahmed bin Muhammed bin Bukhait al Mausuli al Jauzi Rh.
check Tauzeeh ul Mushtabah Li Ibn Naasir uddin : Jild 2 : Safa 521
Hence the objection that Ibn Muhriz is Majhool is lifted and discarded.
Hafiz Ibn Hajar asqalani r.a states:
لأن الكتاب المشهور الغني بشهرته عن اعتبار الإسناد منا إلى مصنفه
- An-Nukat Li Ibn Hajar : Jild 1 : Safa 247
- Al Kawaakib ur Durriyyah Lil Kirmaani : Jild 1: Safa 7
- Fathul Mughees Lis Sakhaawi : Jild 1 : Safa 65
- Tadreeb ur Raavi Lis Suyuti : Jild 1 : Safa 160
If someone still has any issue then i want to tell you that many great scholars of Ahlus sunnah have used this book as reference in their own well known and widely used books and some of them are listed below.
- Imam Khateeb al Baghdadi Rh. Al Mutawaffa 463 Hij. in Kitaab Taarekh e Baghdad
- Imam Abul Qaasim Ibn Asaakir Rh. Al Mutawaffa 571 Hij. in Taarekh e Dimishq
- Muhaddis Kamaal uddin Ibn ul A’adeem Rh. Al Mutawaffa 660 Hij. in Bughyatut Talab
- Imam Jamaal uddin al Mizzi Rh. Al Mutawaffa 742 Hij. in Tehzeeb ul Kamaal
- Imam Shamsuddin az-Zehbi Rh. Al Mutawaffa 748 Hij. in Seer Alamun Nubula
- Imam Mughtaayi Rh. Al Mutawaffa 762 Hij. in Ikmaal Tehzeeb ul Kamaal
- Imam Ibn Kaseer Rh. Al Mutawaffa 774 Hij. in Al Bidaaya wan Nihaaya
- Imam Ibn Hajar Asqalaani Rh. Al Mutawaffa 852 Hij. in Tehzeeb ut Tehzeeb
- Imam Badruddin Al Aaini Rh. Al Mutawaffa 855 Hij. in Maghaaniul Akhyaar
- Imam Qaasim bin Qutlubughaa Rh. Al Mutawaffa 879 Hij. in Kitaab us Siqaat
Ibn hajar asqalani r.a took rulingf from this book and graded a narration as weak check Fathul Baari : vol9 : page239 – it’s a clear proof that even Ibn hajar r.a had no objection and accepted this book!
TWO FACES OF GHAIR MUQALLIDS(NON MAZHABI)
One may not miss, that Zubair Zai Ghair Muqallid may Allah’s curse be upon this SWINE of hell, stated Al ‘Ilal al Kabeer is not proven from authentic chain of narration because one narrator Abu Haamid At-Taajir is Majhool ul Haal reference Al Hadees : Shumaar 102 : Safa 27.
Yet even after reading above lines, some of his students still accept that book of Imma Tirmizi despite being shown that according to their spiritual father zubair zai the book is not proven and does not have authentic chain. but why do they bother? its simple because interest in some of the statements in ‘Ilal al kabeer lol that is why even tho according to their own Usool the book is not proven. Anyways, they should follow their Usool and must accept Ma’rifal ar Rijaal as well! the reason they dont want to accept this book is because this book is their death. they dont want people to read it because this book exposes their fabrications.